Thursday, October 8, 2009

Skyler's video resume

There are some wonderful people that have come into our lives as a result of having Skyler, and a couple of them we have met lately have come up with a wonderful idea. Katie and Andrew have started interviewing kids like Skyler, their family, friends, anybody who knows them and has been an influence in their lives. Then they take all of these interviews and focus on what the kid can do, distilling it down into a video resume.

They did one for Skyler that I think turned out very well, and I wanted to share it will all of you.
Let me describe the people in the video so you know who they are:
  • First person is Kathy, my wife and Skyler's mom.
  • Next guy with short black hair and soul patch is his speech therapist/technology guy, Brian.
  • Next person is Mindy, his Physical therapist with the long black hair.
  • Then comes Jenni, in the green top, who is his music therapist.
  • The guy with the glasses sitting in the office is Kevin, our old grade school principle and friend.
  • The guy up on the roof is Tom Mustin, the morning anchor for the CBS affiliate channel 4 news.
  • The guy with the ball-cap is Lonnie, his boss at Bayaud Industry
  • Of course Sky Dad makes an appearance or two...



6 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

This is so awesome Chris and Kathy. It really helps explains what all Skyler can do, and how talented he is. I bet most people will be shocked. I would be if you hadn't already told me! Very nicely made video too. I'm nominating it for best Video Resume on Earth.

Irene said...

I've enjoyed your beautiful video, both for great love and competence Skyler is surrounded by! Lucky and lovely boy, his smile and satisfaction are unique! I'd like to find here someone to help my son in communication like your son has :-)
Great Skyler (and great parents!), your path is just at the beginning but it's a wonderful path, indeed! :-)
Irene, mum to Olver, from Italy

The Spicers said...

Great video!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Boy, you didn't waste any time putting the kid to work, did you?

(Just kidding. This is terrific!)

Christine said...

Great video resume of Skyler! I enjoyed learning about him, and all of his talents. I found my way here through your wonderful comment on my blog 'Grace Lines' yesterday, and I will definitely be back!

SkylersDad said...

Thanks so very much Chistine! he is a very special young guy.