Thursday, January 15, 2009

Updated status on Skyler, with pictures

Hi all, we just got home from the hospital. They found two spots in Skylers stomach that have problems, one is an ulcer on his G-Tube spot, and the other is a "linear erosion" on the stomach wall. So we are going to go get some prescriptions filled for some medicine to give him for both. It is like a drinkable liquid "bandage" for the stomach, sounds pretty wild!




Skyler did very well with the whole thing, he is quite the trooper these days. Kathy is going to the pharmacy and I am taking care of him, but I wanted to check in and let you all know what's up.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate all of the nice comments and well wishes on and off the blog,
Sky-Dad

11 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG when you said "hole" I never imagined it was THAT big. What a brave kid Skyler is. You sir are an amazing man!

Cora said...

That is just incredible. Poor guy!!

GETkristiLOVE said...

Okay, I can't look at the photos... I'm one of those kind of people. It has to be fake, like Tarantino fake or I can't look.

Poor guy tho' what a trooper.

Leonesse said...

Wow, Skylar. I am sorry you have to go through all this.

Best Wishes!

Brad said...

Skylar's a tough one

Miss Alex said...

From one bad stomach to another get better Skyler!

J.J. in L.A. said...

Thanks for commenting! In case you didn't plan on returning, I wanted to give you this information...

A few site you might find usable:

http://handicapfraud.org/

http://www.aidansattic.com/aidan_xhtml_disabled.html
^
This site was created by my man.

I hope Skyler's stomach issues get better SOON! : )

Fragrant Liar said...

Amazing stuff. And a liquid bandaid? Awesome.

Dominica said...

Lots of love and a very big hug !
Luckily great people and doctors are helping him ; did hear once about liquid bandage but never in a drinkable version....wow !

I clicked on your 'header' in a comment you wrote at Diane's post ...
take care - warmly,
Dominica XXX

Vodka Mom said...

sending healing thoughts and strength your way....

MJenks said...

Being one who has had plenty of stomach issues through the years, here's hoping that the meds help patch him right up.